Once you have a visualised version of your backyard in your mind, the next step is to write it down or draw it. It doesn’t have to be to scale (it is better if it is, though) but the drawing does need to have realistic boundary lines so that you can insert the details. Start with drawing the outside lines of the yard, that is, the walls of your fence and wall of your house, assuming that the yard has three fenced walls plus the one wall of the house facing the backyard. Essentially you should have a boxed outline. Then draw in the fixed components, such as any outside buildings, garage, swimming pool, etc. Now you’ll be able to see the parts that are not occupied by any components. These are the parts that you can use for the design of your backyard.
Next, you need to establish how much of this blank space you want to pave, plant grass, or add a garden. Where should the pathway go and which sections should be paved? Once you’ve allocated where the grass will be planted, it leaves you with space that could be paved. Depending on your budget, you need to decide whether you want to pave with standard paving bricks or use beautifully designed flagstones. Paving bricks are more practical and fit into any budget as they are more affordable. Paving bricks are also ideal if any cars may be parking in your backyard. Flagstones are beautiful natural looking paving stones that usually come in medium to large square sizes. They are not suitable for cars to drive on them. You can place strips of grass between the flagstones to create an interesting design. Plus you can add cobblestones as a pathway through the grass and outlining the flagstones for added decoration. You can also allocate a portion of your backyard for a garden with flowers and plants to add some colour. Around this garden you can use cladding to keep it separate and create a focal point.
Once you have the backyard renovation planned, then you can get the gardener, paver and/or landscaper to get started on the backyard renovation.
The Main Reasons That I Hear
There are 3 main reasons that I hear all the time. You just moved into a house and you want to upgrade. Maybe you just got married and you and your spouse plan on starting a family one day. Or maybe you are planning on selling your home and you know this is a solid investment to make. At this point in my life the last one is my favorite. You simply want to enjoy what you already have. These are absolutely all good reasons so let’s get started.
It all starts with a plan
Before you start digging anything up you need a solid plan. This should include the entire property you want to incorporate. If not your end result could look like a mishmash of designer magazine. You must know your desired outcome before you start. Sometimes you will run into road blocks that you did not foresee no matter how well you planned everything out. This will happen from time to time. Just remember this though, your earlier preparation will pay huge dividends if this should happen.
Take advantage of the type of land you have
A good plan will put importance of taking advantage of the land you have and its features. What I mean is this. Lets take the sun for example. Are there certain parts of your yard that get the sun in morning and shade in afternoon. Or maybe you are in an area that gets the sun in one part and shade in the other all day. And what about your soil type. Is it fast draining or does it drain on the slower side. How about your climate. Do you have cold winters or do they average in the 60″s. This is something that you should consider.
What Is Your Vision
Objects appear smaller in the rear view mirror than they actually are. Do you remember that. Well the same applies here only in reverse. Some types of hardscaping are actually larger than what you vision in your mind. Be cautious and extremely careful before you decide on something that could be very costly to fix if wrong.
Know The Maintenance Involved
And of course there is the maintenance of it all. Some of our favorite additions that we want involve a lot more work than others. Things such as ponds, waterfalls, and pools require more maintenance than rocks, stones and fences. How much time do you want to spend on all of this. After all I am sure you want to take some time and enjoy it.
While you are planning for having excellent decoration to your backyard pool then you must gather some awesome ideas regarding how you can do the decorations.
- Choose stripped awnings: Decorations with awnings are always an eye catchy idea and in the case of designing of the pool surrounding, this special decoration will really give an awesome look. You can select shades of striped fabrics to make the pool extremely attractive.
- Placing shade sail: While you are planning for decorating the pool area, you can try to get out of traditional designs like shades with umbrella and instead of that you can simply go for shade sail. This will definitely give it a modernized look and also will make the pool excellent.
- Paradise setting: Pool area decoration is always a special type of decoration and here you can definitely think to go out of the way. If the pool area is vast enough then you can give it a natural look by arranging rocks and diving boards of wood. Placing these items, the area will become more aesthetic to the persons present here.
- Use decorative stones: Different types of decorative stones are available in the market with which you can simply decorate the pool in a unique way.
- Decoration with a flower garden: If the pool area can be decorated with natural flowers then this will give a natural look to the area.
- Stone border: The backyard pool can be given an attractive and gorgeous look by making the border with stones. You can choose the color of the stone according to your choice and make the garden simply awesome.
- More greenery: A backyard pool area can be made more natural if you go for more greenery. This will definitely make your mind fresh and you will feel to be within nature.
Hence, you can surely opt for any of those ideas mentioned and make the pool area more natural and classic.