It’s preferred by many people due to the benefits that it comes with. Some of the benefits include:
- Cost: wire mesh is cost effective thus you can afford it even if you aren’t operating of a large budget.
- Versatile: as mentioned above you can use it in a wide range of applications. For example, you can use it in fences, in screens and many other applications.
- Easy to install: although, it’s recommended that you hire a professional to install the mesh for you, you can also install it if you have the right skills.
- Durability: since it’s made from stainless steel wire, you are guaranteed that it will last for a long time. There are some types of meshes that are galvanized to reduce the chances of corrosion.
There are many types of mesh that you can go with:
- Woven: also known as wire cloth, this unit is characterized by very small openings. It’s the most popular and it’s used in door and window screens. It’s also ideal for enclosing patio and porch.
- The mesh is recommended for areas that require extra security. These areas include: stock rooms, window barns, and storage facilities. Its primary function is to prevent outsiders from getting into the facility through the window.
- Welded: here the wires are welded together to form a very firm product. They are often used for fencing where they come in different gauges. One of the most common applications is in the construction of perimeter wall both at home and industries.
It’s also used in highway and railway fencing where it’s used in preventing animals and people from trying to cross highway roads and rail tracks. This prevents damage on the tracks.
If you want to protect your garden, you can use the mesh to provide additional security. You can also use it as an alternative wire for climbing plants.
- Knit wire: popularly known as chicken wire. It serves as an inexpensive barrier for livestock. When used in livestock fencing, the wire comes in different gauges and hole sizes. All you need to do is to choose the wire that is ideal for your application. Some of the animals that you can secure with it include: chicken, horses, cows and rabbits.